Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wordless Wednesday!

I absolutely adore this photo of my hubby and son - we went to the beach on vacation in San Diego. The weather wasn't great while we were in town, and this day we had spent most of our time at the zoo. I had promised my son we'd go to the beach while we were in SD, and it didn't look like we'd have a chance. On the way home from the zoo, we were driving along the coast, and I just said, we have to stop. We had about an hour of light left, and it was a bit cool - but he loved every moment of it. He played with the sand under his feet, and then gave me this look that said, "Mom, I know I'm in white and khaki, but can I play on the ground?" I just knew it from his eyes - and I said we could always buy new clothes, and to go ahead and get dirty. He had a blast. We all played in the sand building castles, and dipped our toes in the water. He ran up and down ankle deep into the water then ran back up squealing. Possibly one of the best hours I've ever had in my life. They are so beautiful, our kids (all the kids in the world!). Sometimes it is nice to just sit back and absorb their happiness and joy at the simplest things. And to think I almost missed the chance - I am so glad something told me to stop at the beach that day.

5 comments:

  1. that is a super sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pic.. not very wordless though. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photo! I love dad & kid photos. :) Isn't it totally worth it when we let go and let our kids what they want and not what we need (keeping clothes clean)! Good job, mom!

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever known me to be wordless, Nat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww this is so sweet! sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails