Sunday, May 23, 2010

The feeling of accomplishment...

My daughter wore the patchwork dress I made her to the baby shower today. I have to say, I had an awesome sense of accomplishment. It was the first dress I made her that I actually felt turned out really well. It actually looked like it was from a store, and not like I made it - which made me feel great. Everyone loved it, and I didn't mind hearing the praise, lol. ;)

It was a nice change of pace today too, as I spent the entire day with just my daughter, and my husband took my son all day. We have both been able to do some one-on-one bonding with the kiddos, which was really nice. I think this should become a regular routine for us, and we can each take the other kid every other time. It was so much fun to do girl things, and we just wrapped up our girls day with popcorn and juice and Phinneas and Ferb!

And, any suggestions on getting a little one to stop grinding their teeth? I don't like the pacifier and it seems like she is using it alot because I don't want her grinding her teeth. Any suggestions on getting her to stop are appreciated!

So here is my cutie in her dress today.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me some comment love! You have some great ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is absolutely DARLING!! Makes me wish I had a little girl!!! I am coming from Women Who Do It All. What a fun blog!! We are having a baby week coming up next week and celebrating with a link party if you have any ideas you'd like to link up. Nice to meet ya!!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet dress!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, it's nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable dress! I haven't had the courage to even turn my new from christmas sewing machine on! Lol, here from Women Who Do It All! Love your name by the way. Time with just one of the kiddos is always awesome because it helps that special bond between you two!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails