Monday, May 31, 2010

More felt flowers - headband style

Since I am loving these simple felt flowers, I wanted to implement them into headbands as well. They are so easy to make and I just adore the way they look as decorations.

To see a tutorial on making these felt flowers, see my previous post here.

Also, to see a tutorial on making a braided headband (these stay in place to much better than normal all-around-the-head-headbands that I've bought) view a tutorial here on Me and My Buckets. She has some really great ideas. You can also see my earleir braided headband here.

Basically, for today's headbands, I made a pink braided headband with scraps from an old t-shirt that I'd been using to make flowers and such. I made two white-felt flowers with bright pink thread, and a black button center. I also added on a couple leaves just for a little pop of green color.



I also made one felt flower for a headband for my daughter. The dollar store had headbands on sale that were satin-covered, 2 for $1. It was a great deal, so I picked up four headbands total. I simply hot glued the flower onto one of the headbands for a cute, whimsical look. My daughter refused to look at/smile for the camera for a picture. Sigh. She's really developing her own personality! That is a good thing though - just tough to learn to deal with!

Aren't these flowers fun? I have a few more projects I want to use them on. Check out these great blogs!
 toolsareforwomentoo The Girl Creative

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden Night Owl Crafting The Trendy Treehouse Photobucket Hump Day link Life in the Pitts 
http://www.thethriftyhome.com Show and Tell Green Bargain Brag Wednesday Always Nesting


3 comments:

  1. adorable! perfect for little girls and big girls alike! I'd love to see you visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your headbands - those flowers are great! Perfect for summer. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Thanks for linking up to my party this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails