Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A New Dress from an Old Shirt and Old Dress

Of course I forgot to take a picture of the "before" dress, but it was a crossover front, empire wasted dress from Mossimo (Target). It was 3/4 sleeves too. I loved it, but it is so blah and plain to me now. But It was sooooooo comfortable - nice and stretchy. So why not make it into a NEW dress?? :)

I also had a white Old Navy shirt that was just too big - I didn't like it much, because it makes me look so much bigger. Yuck! But it was comfy to lounge around in. I figured if I used it in conjunction with the dress, it would be just the right size.


A few snips here and a few stitches there, and the top and bottom were together. A few more stitches, and I took some length off the dress (in the pictures it looks bad, but I ironed it to make it smooth afterwards). Finally, a few rosettes made from leftover material and some fabric leaves made a great final touch. I love it and cannot wait to wear it tomorrow!

Have a great week! And check out these blogs:








     toolsareforwomentoo The Girl Creative

Allie

7 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I never would have thought of it! I love the flowers you used for embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! Funny, the first couple of links in this party i clicked on, routed me to you! And I love them both! Good job!
    Allie
    Alliemakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! The flowers are such a cute touch


    http://iheartjennysart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! he dress is fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute, especially with those little rosettes. i envy your skills...sewing and redoing things in this way is just not in me. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! Thank you for linking to my party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails