Monday, June 28, 2010

Redoing my daughters room

I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to redo my daughter's room. She'll be two in a few months, and I just really want to do something that she will be able to continue using as she grows, instead of the baby-ish decor she has now. I found these papers at Hobby Lobby for ten cents each - so I bought about $5 worth! I took 14 pieces out for the room decor to utilize on odds and ends, and the rest I cut in half, and will mod podge those around the room in a border of sorts so that the patterns are all over the room. I LOVE the patterns, and the fact that there are many and include similar and different colors. I am so in love with mixing patterns, and I think this will turn out pretty cute. Here are the papers:



First, I made four wall plaques to hang directly over her bed.

I utilized four small frames I had from Target. They were 3/$2.50 in that up-front area when you first walk in. I got them about a year ago, and have had pictures in them. But I took them down about a month ago and they've been sitting in a drawer so I thought I'd put them to use. I mod podged the patterned paper on the frames, then another layer of mod podge and a fabric heart, more mod podge over that to seal it on, then the letters (pre-cut scrapbooking letters), more mod podge then hot glued a button on.

Before:
 

After:

 

Tomorrow, I'll show you the next items I put together from old gift boxes I had! They will be perfect bow/headband holders, etc.

Have a great Tuesday!

Allie

Linking up here:
Sugar Bee
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Sew Much Ado
Someday Crafts
Life In the Pitts
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
The Girl Creative
Blue Cricket Design










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those!!!!!!! What a fun assortment of papers!!! Thanks for linking it up :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails