Thursday, June 10, 2010

Revamped Tank Tops!

Well, today a friend of mine (Maggie) sent me an email with an interesting site in it: Piper and Penelope. They are sisters near me who developed a new way to utilize neckties - so cute and so inventive! So tonight, I tried it out.

First, I begged the honey for some old ties, and he forked over five or six from his tie-wearin' days. He actually seemed sort of sad, I think he misses dressing up! But take note: he still has about a bajillion more, so I'm not worried. I think he just wants to avoid letting me loose in Goodwill, because I told him I could just go get ties there instead ;)

Once I had my ties, I picked out some of my plan old tanktops. Black tanktop? Check. I have actually probably 10 different black tank tops. Yeah, I know. I have far too many clothes!


I laid out the tie on there how I wanted it to look, and then pinned it in place. I slipped stitch witchery underneath, and ironed on high until it was set. Pretty simple. The whole thing took me about a half hour.


I LOVE how it turned out - can't wait to wear it!

Then...I was super excited to try this tank that I saw on Blue Cricket Designs



Super cute, and super easy to make! I decided to make my ruffles a bit bigger, because my bra straps are usually pretty wide. I figured that would hide them better.

Here is what I ended up with:





Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm Linking up Here:
Someday Crafts
Life in my PJs
Sew Much Ado
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Women Who Do It All
Blue Cricket Design
Creations By Kara
Finding Fabulous
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Tools are For Women Too
Keeping It Simple

9 comments:

  1. CUTE! All three turned out nice, and I LOVE the tie neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty well done i love them all what a great way to spice up a tank top. Thank you for the ideas!

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one crafty Mom! Thanks again for linking to Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute, cute, cute! I love the tie tank. I haven't seen that idea before and I think it really dresses the top up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOTH of those tanks are SO cute! VERY ANTHROPOLOGIE! ;-) ...without THAT pricetag! Glad I saw this on the link party at keeping it simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm going to try one of these out and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I LOVE that black and white one!!!! I wish I had the arms to wear tank tops...I need to buy a shake weight lol. Thanks for linking to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realize you posted this over a month ago, but I just came across your blog from.... well I think from Someday Crafts... I think...

    Anyway - I just wanted to tell you that I adore your blog so far and how you keep going with things even after they get messed up!

    I specifically love this post with the tank tops and how perfectly confident you look in all of them. You are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails