Monday, June 28, 2010

Skirt to Shirt

In case you missed out on the hilarity - take a peek at last week's fail week posts. :) I still have not finished fixing the last dress of my daughter's but will this week. promise. :) I was too busy having fun with the kids this weekend.

Onto today's ... making a skirt into a strapless top. I found this skirt at Goodwill and loved the look of it - it was so cute and vibrant and I loved the colors. I knew it wouldn't fit my waist, but knew it would make a good top!

I took elastic and measured around my chest where I wanted the shirt to fit, cut off the top of the skirt, sewed the ends of the elastic together, folded the material over the top of the elastic -- pinning where needed, and then sewed it together. It was as easy as that - about 30 minutes. It became a very lovely tunic that I love paired with a brown belt. Because the other evening was a big chilly, I also wore a light, brown cardigan.


I hope everyone has a great week!

I'm linking up here:
Tools Are For Women Too
Sugar Bee
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Sew Much Ado
Someday Crafts
Life In the Pitts
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
The Girl Creative
Blue Cricket Design




6 comments:

  1. You are very talented...how lucky you are to be able to remake clothing...seems to be hardly anyone sews anymore. Congrats on a well done job and thanks for showing it to us on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! love refashioned clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! I am TOTALLY scouring the skirt section next time I hit goodwill! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails