Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vintage Necklace from Scraps, plus my weekend in review ;)

First, let me show you the vintage necklace I made with scraps - I know I'm biased, but I love it! I can't wait to wear it tomorrow to work!


And second, I'm going to show off my cute family pictures from this weekend. We had our local Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society, which is what I've been making all the bows for. I raised a little over $200 from the bows, so I was pretty happy about that. We had fun, despite a one hour thunderstorm that DRENCHED us! But it was good food, good fun and good friends for a good cause! The first is our booth and my creations; the second pic is my daughter showcasing the goods; and the third is my hubs and I, post drenching, smiling for the camera.


And, I had a wedding shower to go to today. My FIL was driving my MIL, my daughter and I, as it was about an hour away in a place we weren't familiar with. I was sitting in back with my daughter, had us both dressed up so pretty, and then 3/4 of the way there...PUKE! Ugh, it was a mess - all over. I know, I will spare details. Just know it was bad. And then...she was fine. We got to the relative's house, cleaned her off in the car, dropped off the gifts, and then promptly went back home! She's fine now but gosh, what a day! Here are some pictures of our pre-barfing cuteness! (P.S. LOL, my son is in the "I can't make a normal face in a picture, mom" stage!)


I hope you all have a great week - happy Monday!
I'm linking up to:
Life in my PJs
Someday Crafts
Sew Much Ado
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Women Who Do It All
Blue Cricket Design
Creations By Kara
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
Tools are for Women Too
Today's Creative Blog
The Girl Creative
Keeping it Simple

14 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute, I would be anxious to wear it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! I love Pey's hair.. I wish she could share some of those curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace. Thanks so much for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do u have a tutorial on how to make those roses on the vintage necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! Thanks for sharing it on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! I love getting ideas on what to do with old jewelry I don't wear anymore. I'de sure love to know how to make the roses...hint, hint!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love it if you would join me for my 2nd linky party going on right now!!

    http://lifeinmypjs.blogspot.com/2010/06/pajama-party-2.html

    ~Ela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that!!!! So sweet! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute necklace! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just found your blog, SO CUTE, SO dang cute!! love your crafts and your family. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that necklace! So cute!! The hand band on your daughter's beautiful curls is too perfect! I love it!

    Thanks for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails