Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Headbands in Five Minutes

Have any old ribbon or lace lying around? Here's a quick how-to on headbands. I loved making these, because I actually USE them - the ones in the store never fit my head right and always make my hair stick out at the nape of my neck because I have short hair, but these were perfect.

Measure from your neck near the bottom of your ear up over your head (where the headband would lay) and across to the same point on the opposite side.

Cut your ribbon/lace to that size.

Cut elastic (about 5.5 inches, give or take, depending on head size. I have a big head!)

Fold the edges of the ribbon under twice, to make a clean edge, pin your elastic to the lace or ribbon on the fold, and sew back and forth a few times across it in a zigzag stitch. Do the same for the other side.

Put on your sassy new headband and feel super proud of yourself :)

You can also make these for little girls. They are perfect and can give you so many options to mix and match their hairbows with instead of just the crocheted bands.

I made myself the two pictured with elastic, and with the stretchy pink ruffle ribbon I had, I made my daughter a headband we can put her clips on.


Linking to:
Creations by Kara
Sew Much Ado
Someday Crafts





2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and easy idea I love it. I have to try it out. I checked out your blog from whatever goes wenseday and I am now following you.

    www.necciescreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I will have to try it for my daughter and myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails