Thursday, July 8, 2010

Honey, I swear I didn't spend more money - I made these!

My husband thinks I'm buying new clothes, lol! I love it. I always sew after he's gone to bed, so he never sees me make my shirts. And of course he doesn't read my blog (it's far too girly!) so everytime he sees me in one of my new shirts, he thinks I went to the store ;)

I love recreating my shirts. Like this lace tank, these tanks that are perfect for summer, my anthropologie-inspired tank, or creating dresses from skirts and shirts.

I had these two shirts. The blue one just looked frumpy on me, sort of boring. The salmon colored ribbed tank was starting to fray a bit around the neck. I had some more leftover lace scraps that I had purchased in a lace scrap lot at hobby lobby, and picked out a couple pieces to utilize.


Here is step one, the most important step: Make sure the shirt is RIGHT SIDE OUT before stitching down a six inch section. That's right - major stitch ripping occured on the blue shirt. Ugh! So frustrating when I do that to myself.

Step two: pin down areas of the lace on the shirt in a pattern. The blue shirt was a cascading pattern, the salmon shirt was just around the color.

Step three: Sew. Add accessories if needed, like I did for the salmon shirt. I just twisted the leftover lace into a flower and hand stitched it on with a button.

Step four: Admire ;)




Thanks for reading, and have a great Thursday!

Allie

Linking to:
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Me and my Bucket
Creations by Kara
Sew Much Ado
Someday Crafts
A Few of My Favorite Things
Bargain Shopping Paradise











9 comments:

  1. So cute! I have to laugh as I have the same situation at my house. I've been sewing tops and skirts lately. He never knows quite what to expect me in tomorrow. :o)

    Love your refashion!!

    Donna @ Comin' Home
    www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun shirts. Love how girly they are! Thanks for linking to Make It Wear It today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, like totally different tops! I'm visiting with a few of my favorite things. I'd love to have you visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ALL about clothing revamps! These looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I wish I could run a sewing machine!!!!! lol. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails