Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jammies Jam

I decided to take a plunge, and make my daughter pajamas as part of her Christmas gift. I thought, I want them to be springy, because I like those colors best, and that way I can make them a bit bigger to fit just about the time I'd need to buy the next size jammies. (Ignore the strings in the pics, I'm not done so I haven't cut all the strings!) But I need your help, so keep reading!!


I am only part way done - I need to sew sleeves on. Which is why I'm posting an incomplete tutorial - help! Any advice on sleeve sewing?? I have only done it once and it was a huge fail! Any tips are welcome.

Here are the jammies minus sleeves. I used Brown Paper Packages tutorial on making leggings, with a few modifications. I added a drawstring to mine (I still have to put buttons or beads on the ends of the strings) and I added ruffles to the bottom. I made them from a tshirt I bought at Target for $2.50.

I had this scrap fabric at home with a paisley/flower print that matched the pink of the pants, so I used that to make the top. With a zig zag stitch around the neck and bottom hem, there is enough stretch to fit a growing girl. I added ruffles to the color, but I definitely need to add sleeves. Cap sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves. Suggestions are welcome/appreciated/adored/treasured!

Linking to:
Sugar Bee
Today's Creative Blog

Allie


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks so much for sharing it with me! Glad it worked for you.

    Leisel
    Brown Paper Packages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolie almost only wears handmade pj's. She LOVES nightgowns so my MIL makes her some. They look easy & are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails