And that I didn't use a pattern, except for folding a pair of my daughter's pants in half and using that for a guide.
And yes, I even made the little sticky-outy part for the booty area. (That's the very technical term, you know ;) !!)
I sewed the leg parts together wrong. I unstitched them and started again.
I sewed them together right.
I folded the top over to make the band, then folded it over again. I sewed all the way around leaving an opening to thread through the elastic.
I sewed that up, sewed on the ruffles I made, and was so proud. I put them on her and...
Wait for it...
They didn't go over her booty!! I have heard of hipster pants, but these were even a little much ;)
So back to the drawing board. I cut off the waist band, cut two pieces of material that matched the ruffles to make a bigger waist band, and started the waist band process again. This time - much better.
So with yesterday's dress, combined with today's pants (which I guess she could wear together but it might look a little clowny), I was able to take $8 worth of scrap material and make two cute things, with plenty left over for some more projects. That's always a good day in my book!
Have a great week!
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Tea Rose Home
Sew Much Ado
Creations By Kara
Keeping it Simple
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Me and my Bucket
Brown Paper Packages