Friday, July 30, 2010

Painted Shoes

During a trip to Goodwill, I spotted a pair of blue (electric blue) pointed toe flats that I had been eyeing at Target in the past. Marked down to $3.99, I hemmed and I hawed and wondered what I'd wear them with until I thought...why not? I bought them and you guessed it, they sat on my shoe shelf for a month.

I don't wear flats often - only with pants. I think heels make my legs look better in skirts and dresses. Dropping the kids off at the sitters, I noticed her 19 year old daughter's shoes there - painted! White canvas shoes that she had painted a red paisley pattern on. Instantly I thought of the blue shoes! I asked if her daughter would paint them for me, and she said yes!

I left the options open - I wanted to be surprised! I know Caitlin is super-artistic and anything she came up with would be beyond great. And when the told me the shoes were done...well, they were even far better than I had imagined! I love them! And I have worn them about 20 times in the last month, as they are now my favorite shoes. I just threw a couple coats of modge podge on after she had given them back to me, let it dry and they were good to go. And they've held up really, really well - no chips or scratches or anything! (In the pictures below, you can see the actual shoe color on the sides - she left some of the original color on the sides and just faded the front and the heel into it.)


So, get out those paints, and those plain shoes, and make your day a little brighter with a cool new paint job ;) What a way to introduce new shoes into your collection for a much more reasonable price!

THANKS CAITLIN! You are very talented and you are going to go amazing places in life with your artistry!! Love ya!

Linking to:
Making the World Cuter
Keeping it Simple
C.R.A.F.T.
Tip Junkie
Today's Creative Blog
Sew Much Ado
Blue Cricket Design
me and My Bucket




Happy weekend!

Allie

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I have totally been considering doing this! Yours turned out fabulous! I don't like to spend a lot on colored shoes. I have several old black heels that are pretty worn out, but I hate to just throw them away and they are totally broken in. I even have a pair of old cowboy boots that I might Modge Podge some fabric or paper on! Love the blue! Your latest follower! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, that is too cool! Who woulda thunk it?? lol neat idea, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! And a good idea. Maybe I'll look closer at the shoes at DI! I'd love it if you'd link up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you really paint shoes?! I never would have thought to do this. They look great :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Come Link Up! 200th Follower Link Party - You’re Invited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never in a million years have guessed that you could paint shoes! I'm soooooooo after some canvas ones now that I've seen this!
    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I want to paint all my shoes now (which is probably overkill). Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm featuring these tomorrow for Make It Wear It! Stop by and grab a featured button if you'd like!

    Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails