Tuesday, August 3, 2010

101st Post - Hobo bag!

Wow - my 101st post!! I didn't even realize that my last post about Miss November was #100!! What a fun blogging ride this has been so far ;)

Well, back in this post I talked about a fab fabric I had found - a plaid/madras print. I have been contemplating what to do with it. Today, I decided - a hobo purse! I actually only used 1/3 of the yard I had bought, so I have plenty left for another project. I think I might make Pey a Christmas dress out of it.

I LOVE this hobo bag from New York and Company. I've had it for 4 years, and I just adore it. I use it all the time. So I used it for my template.

I just laid the bag on the fabric, cut a shape and went to work ;) (If you want a tutorial, click here!) I used an old, thick, fleecy baby blanket for the lining (to make it wintery) and added a pocket on the front and one on the inside. I also added rosettes to the pocket. I used the madras print to also make a bias tape for the sides.

Whole bag

Buttons pulling up the sides to make a hobo bag shape

Bias tape siding

Rosettes on front pocket

Straps attached to the sides

Inside pocket

This took me about an hour total to make! So simple, and I love it. I (almost) can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can use it!

Sharing this on:


Allie







5 comments:

  1. these are very good designs i am highly impressed by your talent why don`t you start a small business at home of bags and publish your work at some wholesale site like http://www.dailytrader.com you can earn alot from your skills i am tellin you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! I love your hobo bag and want to ask you to come guest post your tutorial for it this mid-late September on our blog, http://www.finecraftguild.com/

    Every Monday we feature a new bag design class or tutorial, and yours will fit in great.

    drop me a email at contact at finecraftguild.com if you are interested, okay?!

    Meanwhile, do join our weekly (Wed) DIY / Craft tutorial linky parties:
    you too: http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-8/

    Smiles,
    Have a happy day!
    Rose

    ps congrads on your 101 post... Ah how time flies, doesn't it?!
    We're moving towards the 400 tutorial articles but I've never celebrated any milestones so far... Mmmm... time for a change & some celebration, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag! You are so creative with your bags!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails