Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back with a Project - I know, I lied!

I know, I know, I said I was taking a hiatus, but when I told my husband about my plans, he looked at me and said, "Are you crazy? You'll be bored outta your mind! You have done a great job looking stuff up, I'm going to a dietitian, so get your butt back sewing!"

Which is true. So after I set up a million menus for lowering cholesterol, stocked the house with appropriate foods, set him up with a nutritionist, and feel that we are off to a good start, I've been able to start working on the 1st birthday quilt I'm making for my friend's daughter out of the clothes from her first year.

Jen dropped off lots of shirts, materials (she picked out the materials herself) and then I started. Cutting out the shirts, sewing them to the squares, sewing squares together with the internal border. whew! I'm off to a good start. Six hours of work and I have the general front done.


Next steps:
Sew on the outer border
Sew the backing to it
Sew on embellishments

Whew!

For the record, if my husband ever has high blood pressure, I'm pretty sure I can be to blame. This is our living room (filled with all the cuttings from quilt making)


And this is my dining room:


Okay, but in my defense, he has the basement as his man room. I don't have a sewing/craft room!

Back to the matter at hand: The doll.

While I was at it, I thought I'd use all the scraps I can from the clothing to make other things. First up, a scrappy doll! This is made using only stuff from the quilt and Nora's clothes, with the exception of the yellow button. That's something new ;)


Linking to:
Making the World Cuter mondays
Tip Junkie
Until Wednesday Calls
The Creative Itch Boutique



5 comments:

  1. Hi!Your quilt and doll are really cute!
    I wanted to let you know that you have won my monthly Follower contest. As a Flamingo Toes Follower you are automatically entered! You can see what the prize(s) are here - http://www.flamingotoes.com/2010/08/august-follower-giveaway/
    Please send me an email and let me know which prize you would like (if you like them) by Tuesday. Thanks and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you have the courage to show your living room and dining room. That's a lot like how mine look (no sewing room either, and my husband uses our room for studying so I'm not allowed to sew there either)
    And the quilt looks really cute, I always see the quilts where they use the clothes to make the whole block, I like the way you've done it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, perfect for that little girl! WELL DONE! jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that doll!! Very cute!

    I'd love it if you'd consider linking up any of your fun sewing projects at my "Sew Cute Tuesday" linky party! You can check it out at http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Great use of scraps. You have to link this to my Upcycled Awesome Linky party at http://tinyurl.com/Upcycled10

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails