Monday, August 2, 2010

Clutches, clutches everywhere!

In addition to making my 15 minute gift satchel, I wanted to make some cute clutches to give for the holidays. We give a lot of gift cards (nieces and nephews) and I wanted to jazz up the way I give them. Enter the clutch.

(P.S. Apparently, boys don't like clutches as my four year old son informed me because well, you know, why would I know that? :)  I will be attempting this week to make a wallet for the boys. I'm drawing out my layout/plans tonight. We'll see how that works).

I have only used zippers once before on a dress. And by once before, I mean the other day. So, the zipper aspect of these babies was a tough one to swallow. Especially because right now, I don't have a zipper foot for my sewing machine. My machine is from like, 1950, and so I have to order parts. But I think it's more fun to try and make what I have work for every project. (Okay, I'm just too cheap to buy new parts!!)

Soooo, here is batch one. I love the first one I did. The rest are...okay. I was trying different things on them. I made some zipper, some velcro (for little hands, velcro is easier. My daughter, who is one, loves to put things in her little clutch and velcro it closed. Her's is the third one below). I used felt to make some of the pockets, and fabric to make some. Just tried all different things.




Have a great week everyone!

Linking to:


Allie




4 comments:

  1. Great clutches i am sure they will be a big hit!

    Have you tried Anna's Gathered Clutch tutorial?
    Its super simple and really pretty :)
    http://noodleheads.blogspot.com/2010/04/gathered-clutch-tutorial.html

    I made one and it turned out really pretty

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clutch at the top, I have that SAME exact fabric!! So cute! I was planning on making it into a zippered make-up bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Is it too early to think about making these as Christmas gifts for everyone? :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Come Link Up! 200th Follower Link Party - You’re Invited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute!

    I just told my daughter last night that she needed a little clutch to put her house key and cell phone in so she could just drop them in her bookbag to take to school (her first year not going to a sitter - YIKES).

    She said, "What's a clutch?" SIGH! Am I old or is she just young? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails