Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Elastic Thread: Tshirt into a nightgown

Ahhh!

Yes, that's how I feel about this project. It was my very first attempt at using elastic thread. Which, in my first attempt last week, I decided to just try and figure it out myself instead of reading how. FAIL! Yeah. It was a mess. I had no idea how to make it work. So I caved, checked out the internet, and figured it out.

But I didn't feel like attempting it again yet, so the thrifted t-shirt (size adult small) and thread sat on my table, staring me down daily and daring me to try it again. Today I caved.

I gathered up my supplies, and decided to test the method out on a sleeve. The shirt was a thrifted shirt from Goodwill. It says "I'm a Pepper" and I bought it because I drink Dr. Pepper. Alot of it. And I thought it would be cute for her to wear it. My little one is almost 2, and she loves nightgowns instead of shorts and a shirt.

I used the elastic thread method on one sleeve. It worked. I did the other sleeve. It worked again. I put a loop of it all the way around like an empire waist, to make it fit her better. Then I turned the color in and used the thread around there too, so the neck wasn't so wide. It worked!

I LOVE how this turned out. Not to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT!! :) Lol. I am so excited to find a bunch of t-shirts that I like and use them for this purpose!

   

Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. New followe from To the Top Tuesday!!

    Your little one is to cute!

    Hope you follow back!
    http://princessmomof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! And the nightgown is too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! I am glad I know how to sew on a button!!

    www.werginznewlyweds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails