Yes, that's how I feel about this project. It was my very first attempt at using elastic thread. Which, in my first attempt last week, I decided to just try and figure it out myself instead of reading how. FAIL! Yeah. It was a mess. I had no idea how to make it work. So I caved, checked out the internet, and figured it out.
But I didn't feel like attempting it again yet, so the thrifted t-shirt (size adult small) and thread sat on my table, staring me down daily and daring me to try it again. Today I caved.
I gathered up my supplies, and decided to test the method out on a sleeve. The shirt was a thrifted shirt from Goodwill. It says "I'm a Pepper" and I bought it because I drink Dr. Pepper. Alot of it. And I thought it would be cute for her to wear it. My little one is almost 2, and she loves nightgowns instead of shorts and a shirt.
I used the elastic thread method on one sleeve. It worked. I did the other sleeve. It worked again. I put a loop of it all the way around like an empire waist, to make it fit her better. Then I turned the color in and used the thread around there too, so the neck wasn't so wide. It worked!
I LOVE how this turned out. Not to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT!! :) Lol. I am so excited to find a bunch of t-shirts that I like and use them for this purpose!