Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Iron-on's - revamping a plain t-shirt

A few things first:
 

 

 

 
  • And, I have 70 followers! Thank you all so much! I still cannot believe 70 people want to read what I have to say!

Yesterday I stopped by the Dollar Tree near my work just to peruse the aisles. You never know what you'll find there. As I reached the t-shirts, I stopped to look in the bin. They mostly felt rough and uncomfortable until my hand touched one that was supersoft. I pulled it out, and it was a size 2/3 in childrens...and it was from the Disney store! But it was plain, no design - perfect for what I needed!

 
I couldn't believe my luck. There were 4 of them in there, and I bought them all for $1 each ;) They were different sizes, so I plan on doing a few different things with them. Thank you Dollar Tree!

 

 
 
The first item on the agenda was to take my daughter's old Disney princess shirt that had stains, cut out the princesses, and heat-n-bond the cut-out to the shirt. I stitched around it to seal it on, heat-n-bonded a bright pink oval above them with a fabric flower right in the center (I used fabric glue to adhere the flower), and then added "Princess" wording above with iron-on letters I boght in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Ta-da! A brand new princess shirt!
 
 
 

 
 Next was another monogram trial. I used a friend's daughter's name and made a shirt for her. I love this black fabric that I bought, and thought it would pop against the purple shirt - especially with the black iron-on letters I had. I made a matching hairbow, too. I am pretty happy how it turned out. Just heat-n-bonded it on, sewed along the edges, and it's good to go! (If you want to see another cute monogram shirt I did, that is more vintage-y, click here!)

 
 
I'm participating in Upcycled Awesome - you should too!

 

 

 

 

 



 
 
Thanks for reading, and have a great Wednesday!
 
Linking to:

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. very fun! I totally agree about the dollar stores--you just never know what you're going to find in there. Some good, some not so. :) But you got lucky this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool - I enjoy finding a good dollar store find and making it into something else !!

    http://moemade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails