Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Miss November -- My Baby Girl :)

Okay, she's not really Ms. November - but she could be. :) I just have no desire to have her in the pagent world because that's a whole lotta time and moolah. She's more apt to be a softball or soccer player than a princess. But she'll be a softball or soccer player with a bright pink ribbon in her hair and ruffled shorts, lol!

I made my girlie girl a little outfit for her birthday month. I made a semi-matching one for one of my dear friend's daughters, who has her first birthday this September. Together, they are the cutest duo of girlies ever ;)

After seeing these little rhinestone iron-on's on sale, I knew I had to pick them up. I thought long and hard about what I'd put on the shirt - maybe some fabric painted necklaces, or another stencil. Maybe nothing. And then I thought, hmmm, every little Ms. America has a sash, right? So let's make one out of ribbon, and coordinate that ribbon with the outfit!

So I sewed on three rows of the ribbon in a sash-like way across the front of the shirt, and the embellished the skirt and the jeans with the matching ribbon. I also made a hairbow for my friend's daughter's outfit, but not for my daughter. Because, before I could, my friend saw a hat of my daughters on our table and said, hey, that hat matches her shirt perfectly!! It actually did, right down to the ribbon (I didn't make it, I bought it actually at a resale shop last year!)

So ta-da, here are the sparkly reigning queen shirts!!

\

Linking to:



 



 



6 comments:

  1. The shorts are very nice but the shirt was more like of cheer girls and is looking very simple but as a whole it was a good combination

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little sash, paired with the post title...it's all just waaay too cute! I love it :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Come Link Up! 200th Follower Link Party - You’re Invited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fun idea! I want to make one for my daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks pretty happy in her outfit! Very cute idea. And very well done. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! Love the hat!

    Leisel
    Brown Paper Packages

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails