Monday, August 2, 2010

More hats

I love wearing hats. I'm growing out my hair, which is at that in-between stage where if I don't do it every morning it just looks awful. So, on the weekends, I like to don hats.

But I like pretty hats.

So I've made some (like here). I've embellished one (like here). And then I saw this post by Less Cake More Frosting, and I wanted to make something similar! I actually used the same hat she talks about in the embellished hat I linked to above. But I didn't make it so flowers could attach and remove!
So I bought the same hat in black at Hobby Lobby the other day for $3.99, and then I sewed on a felt strip (sewed at the top and bottom) and got out all my pretty floral embellishments to take pictures of. I love it! And can't wait to wear it around. I left the strings on so you could see the felt clearly.




Have a great week everyone!

Linking to:
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Making the World Cuter
Keeping it Simple
C.R.A.F.T.
Sew Much Ado
Me and My Bucket
Blue Cricket Design





Allie









4 comments:

  1. I love this! I have been blog stocking you for a few weeks now. Lol I just love your ideas! And I love this hat! Need to make a trip to Forever 21 and get me... 12. Lol Good work! -Kelsee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of taking 1 basic hat and switching around accessories to have a bunch of different hats :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Come Link Up! 200th Follower Link Party - You’re Invited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!!!!! I want to start wearing more hats, maybe if I had cute ones like this I would ;)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What a great idea!

    Leisel
    Brown Paper Packages

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails