Thursday, August 5, 2010

Purse #2 - A Different Bucket

Since today I visited the sewing store down the street from my house, which I have never ever been to, and picked up some new fabric, I thought I'd try it out.

First, let me just bask you in the glory of this fabric store. We used to have a JoAnn fabrics by me. But no more - it closed. So did the one by my work. And while they were okay, they were both sort of old and dingy, and they didn't have a huge selection.

Well, this sewing store by my house is in a little building. Well it looks little from the front - but it's HUGE inside. It's like how I imagined Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory felt walking into Willy Wonka's for the first time - I was just like a kid in a candy store! They had so many beautiful fabrics and prints, and it was so hard to walk out of there without spending a ton of money.

They had big bundles of precut quilt squares, prints, flannels, everything. Most stuff was pretty expensive, but I picked up a few things. Soooo pretty ;) And, I learned they have a day every month where you can just come, bring a lunch, and sew all day if you want on one of their machines. It's called "I Sew Need This Day" and it's meant for people to just come and sew without any distractions. Except fun with other sew-ers! I may try it out next time.

While at the fabric store, I saw a purse there. Woo hoo it was cute! The pattern for it was $24, so instead of buying it, I just studied it. I figured I could make a pretty close replica without too much difficulty.

But first, here is yesterday's purse (I posted a tutorial on my blog), with the accessories I made for it today:




So without further ado, here's the purse and it's accessories. I made two matching clips that can be worn in the hair or as accessories, and a headband. It turned out pretty much exactly how I wanted it to - I adore it! I plan to make another similar one this weekend.



Have a great weekend!

Linking to:


Allie

5 comments:

  1. It is such a cute purse.

    I am glad you found a cool fabric store. I just moved to a new state and will need to start searching for a good fabric store...always a hard thing to find I think!

    Thanks for linking up at www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fabric, love it and the hair accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the fabrics you chose, And you have a knack for the rosettes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the fabrics a lot and the flowers you made are wonderfull!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bag! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails