Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halloween Hairbows! And halloween bag winner!

It's been a Halloween hairbow extravaganza at my house tonight. With over 20 bows. All because my hubster wanted one stinkin' bow that was black and white with skull and crossbones for our daughter. That's right - just one. (The pic is not great, although she is still super adorable - she has a cold :(  so she really wasn't up for picture taking, but did pose for one for me, but wouldn't smile). My poor baby girl!

Well, I can't do just one. Because I buy stuff. Then I have more ideas. Then I expand on those ideas. Before you know it, my living room is covered in hot glue, glitter, alligator clips, scraps of fabric, a candle, and one very tired mama!

It was very fun though - I loved making these. And have plenty to use as gifts now ;) And let me tell you - the materials cost me less than $10 - it was some scrap material I had (that I made the flowers with, but it was from the scrap bin awhile back and cost $1 per yard), some foam stickers I bought at Hobby Lobby in the holiday section for 50% off, and ribbon I bought there which was 50% off ribbon by the roll. Oh, and felt scraps I had leftover as well. Very simple, and very cheap. Wait, I hate the word cheap. Thrifty. Very simple, very thrifty.



Without further ado, the winner of the Halloween bag is....comment #10, McKell! Everyone else, you have GOT to check out her site, Flapper Fashions - I'm in love with it! Heehee, last week I gave my husband the links to two of her etsy items that I want (this awesome headband and these gloves) and told him he had exactly two weeks to purchase them as my birthday gift ;)  Although, I may have to change my mind now because I love the brown beanie, too! She has such creative and beautiful stuff! And right up my alley - headbands and pretty accessories ;)  And McKell - you have a choice - you can either take the bag that was in the post or you can choose to have a pumpkin one that I'm making. So it's up to you! (P.S. I would normally put the random.org generator picture proof up here, but I can't save the screen shot for some reason, it's 12:11 a.m., and I need sleep!)

So McKell, let me know, and everyone, have a GREAT week!



Linking to:
Tea Rose Home

Seven Thirty Three
Someday Crafts
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
My Delicious Ambiguity
Entertain Exchange
Sew Can Do
Bargain Shopping Paradise

Look What I Made!
Me and My Bucket
Night Owl Crafting
Creative Crochet
Tools are for Women Too
Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Shabby Nest
It's FUN to craft
Just a Girl
Creation Corner
A Few of my Favorite Things
Saving Money, Living Life
Simply Designing


5 comments:

  1. very cute bows, and 20 of them, no less!!! i like the kitty. that's my fave!

    saw you up there at "who's got talent"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!!! so excited i won :)
    i love the witch bag, i'll take that one! i'll email you my address too.

    i just wanted to say thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Etsy shop! i hope your hubby gets you everything you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - thanks for linking to my party!

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the holidays! How fun to have halloween hair accessories. Fun fun. Thanks for coming over and linking all these up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are sooooooooooo cute! Thanks for linking them up at gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails