Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Heart & Lace Shirt - Old Navy Inspired

A month or so back, I bought a shirt at Old Navy. I saw it and loved it and sorry hubster, it had to be mine. Yes, I could have made it but I thought for $5 (because of a sale and coupon) I couldn't make it for less than that right then. So bought it I did.

Now, I wish I had a picture of the whole shirt, but it wasn't on Old Navy's website, so here is me wearing it (next to my handsome little man after his very first baseball game ever!)

P.S. Darn it - now I spent time perusing Old Navy's site for this shirt, and found 15 other things I want. Okay, let's be realistic - 100 other things I want!!


I found a bunch of Disney store t-shirts at the Dollar Tree last month too (girls sizes, size 2-4 and 5-6). I bought about 6 of them and have had them sitting here calling my name the past month!

Since I bought canvas material recently in the scrap bin at Hobby Lobby (which I made a purse with), I saw I had enough left over to do possibly another purse, and at least two of these shirts. I cut out two heart shapes, had an old lace shirt that I cut out two hearts of the same size from, then cut out the center of the canvas hearts so the lace would show.

I pinned them in place on the respective shirts, and sewed it down. Oh wait, first I put a couple of snips and holes in the canvas to make it fray and look tattered.




And for added cuteness, I added iron on letters with the names of the girlies they are for. In retrospect, I don't love the names on there, but I still really like how these turned out.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a GREAT day!

Linking to:
Tea Rose Home

Seven Thirty Three
Someday Crafts
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
My Delicious Ambiguity
Entertain Exchange
Sew Can Do
Bargain Shopping Paradise
The Train to Crazy
Look What I Made!
Me and My Bucket
Night Owl Crafting
Creative Crochet
Tools are for Women Too
Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Shabby Nest
It's FUN to craft
Just a Girl
Creation Corner
A Few of my Favorite Things
Saving Money, Living Life
Simply Designing
 

4 comments:

  1. great job!
    i bought that same shirt and had the same thoughts of "i could make this" and i've had more than one person ask if i DID make it -- haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop! Lovely Blog!You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us over at our Sassy Sites blog party! It's fun to see everyone! Come on over tomorrow and sign up for our Spotlight Giveaway! We would love to have you!! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails