Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm back! I'm back! With a Purse ;)

I apologize for the unannounced hiatus, but I went on a (much-needed) vacay with the hubster, and then we focused on doing some home improvements, so I haven't been up to much craft-wise lately.

But I am back, and did manage to get a few things done this week. I found (on sale, of course) some fabric at the local hobby lobby and so I picked it up. I found CANVAS in the clearance bin - yay! I decided to make a purse.

I have no pattern. Basically, I:

  • Folded the canvas in half.
  • Cut two big rectangles
  • Picked another soft pink fabric
  • Cut two rectangles the same size as the canvas ones, except made them an inch taller
  • Cut two smaller rectangles (for a pocket)
  • Cut a length 1 1/2 of the length of the big rectangles, and 4 inches high
  • Cut two pieces about 28 inches long, 4 inches wide for the straps

  • Sewed three sides of the canvas together.
  • Sewed the pocket onto the pink fleece-y material
  • Sewed  the pink rectangles together on three sides, leaving an inch at the top unsewn on both ends
  • Placed the pink into the black, folded the extra inch over the black and sewed it in place to make the outer purse and liner.
  • Folded the strap lengths in half (inside out), sewed down the side, turned right side out. I pinned them in place on the purse.
  • Ironed the 1 1/2 length in half, then opened it; folded one side in and the other side, and ironed in place. I then pinned it to the purse along the outside, aligning with the top. Sewed in place with one stitch a quarter inch from the top, and another row of stitches a quarter inch from the bottom.

I used the hairbows from this post as decorations from the purse, because then I can change the color and style of flower to fit with my mood/outfit/occasion! I did this with a hat in the past, as well.



I've been really happy with this purse - been using it a week, and I just love that it can match anything I want!

Have a great week!
Linking to:
Tea Rose Home

Seven Thirty Three
Someday Crafts
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
My Delicious Ambiguity
Entertain Exchange
Sew Can Do
Bargain Shopping Paradise

Look What I Made!
Me and My Bucket
Night Owl Crafting
Creative Crochet
Tools are for Women Too
Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Shabby Nest
It's FUN to craft
Just a Girl
Creation Corner
A Few of my Favorite Things
Saving Money, Living Life
Simply Designing


Allie

7 comments:

  1. Super cute I think I could even handle that...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's a great purse....and no pattern. Wish I could come up with something so nice! Thanks for visiting my WIP Wednesday :) Can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks wonderful:)....
    your blog and works are absolutely beautiful, bravo:))...
    I am your newest follower....
    greetings from croatia.....
    M.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about purses that I just love. Seriously. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo cute, I love it!!!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Looks like you had better luck with this than the burlap bag!
    xox

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails