Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bitten by the Sewing Bug, Making Halloween Monsters

It happened - my son was bit by the sewing bug! He absolutely loves to help me sew. It started with him just wanting to work the pedal, then to sitting on my lap and helping me move the fabric through...and now to designing his own stuff.

I know he's only five (almost), but I'm pretty sure he's going to be the next Seth Aaron and win Project Runway someday ;)

I was inspired by No Big Dill's blog post about the doll she and her daughter made together. Then I thought about the cute little monster dolls she made a few posts later. I combined the two and presented my little man with the idea.

Tonight, he got to sew his first project (of course, with my supervision). He designed it himself - a little stuffed monster. He picked out the look he wanted (I helped a little so we could keep a simple design). He picked out the colors from my scrap felt and scrap fabric bins. He helped cut out the pieces, he helped lay them out how he wanted, and finally, he sat on my lap and helped me sew it all in place.

I am proud to present the very first creation by Little Man, "the stuffed monster repeller." (He named it himself, too).





3 comments:

  1. Este niño tiene futuro, os ha quedado genial.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have an award for you over at my blog! http://pumpkinpiecrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic....I think he likes it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails