Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dollies, Dollies, Everywhere!

Okay, not everywhere. I am experimenting with making dolls. I made one for a friend's daughter, and last night I thought I'd try a new one. Of course, I freehanded a pattern for a scrappy looking doll, and it didn't turn out quite how I had planned - BUT, I did learn alot and learned what I need to do and change next time (which will probably be tonight). And, I liked how her hair turned out. I sewed with brown thread on the back and the bangs, to make it have a textured look, and then the pigtails are actually jersey knit material cut into strips and sewn in.








And best of all? My daughter LOVED it. I love kids. They don't see the imperfections in things - they only see that it was something special just for them. ;)



Have a great day!

Linking to:
Linking to:


1 comment:

  1. I can see why she loved it. It is adorable! TFS another great idea on Thrilling Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails