Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sesame Street Chic

This week, I saw a post where a blogger made Sesame street shirts. I sketched out a design from her shirts, and then tucked the notebook in my purse...and forgot to write down her site to give her credit and props!

So to the lady whose design I saw and who I can't give credit to...you rock, I loved what you did, I made something similar, but it is so not as good as yours!! If you find this and let me know, I will immediately give you credit, and point people to your amazing etsy site to purchase your shirts, because they are amazing.

My daughter's upcoming bday party theme is Elmo. She loves Elmo. In fact, aside from da-da, Elmo is the only word she can clearly say. Seriously.

I made her an elmo shirt for her birthday party, but I thought these would be perfect ideas for gifts. Here's how they turned out! And here's a little secret: the shirts I used are Disney brand, and all cost $1 each at the Dollar tree. I used one sheet of felt, which was 25 cents. And scrap fabric and buttons I already had on hand. Woo hoo for thriftiness! (I savor these days because I know someday I'll be required to buy Hollister and American Eagle and she won't touch a thing I make!)

Elmo shirt:


Cookie Monster:



Oscar the Grouch Dress:




Linking to:
Creation Corner
It's A Hodgepodge Life
Crystals Craft Spot
Simply Designing
A Little Knick Knack
The Shabby Life
It's Fun to Craft
A Few of my Favorite Things
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Finding Fabulous


7 comments:

  1. Awesome! In 6 months I'll be throwing an Elmo 2nd birthday too...so I can't wait to see what you do to get some inspiration. LOVE the shirt...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My daughter LOVES Elmo! She needs some Sesame in her wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, what a great job, amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Love it! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word I love Oscar! It works perfect with the purple! TOO CUTE!
    You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I REALLY love your blog. Your blog became one of my new favorites because I feel like I can relate to you, and your stuff so much more than other blogs! Thanks for all the great ideas.
    http://polkadotsandpizza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love the oscar dress. They are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails