Monday, December 6, 2010

Back with a Blanket

Whew! It's been awhile! I'm so sorry to everyone who actually reads this, lol! I took a little hiatus. I started a new aspect in my job at work, and that's been taking up a lot of my time. I've also been trying to spend a bit more time with the kids, AND reorganize/decorate my house. But, I do miss my writing, so I'm back with some fun projects ;)

First up - my son's blanket. He has been BEGGING me to sew him something. Which is difficult because:
  • he's five and much too cool for most of the things I could sew him.
  • I don't really sew boy stuff.
  • he couldn't figure out what he wanted me to sew.

Until he remembered his sister's blanket, and wanted a superguy blanket for his birthday. He loves superguys. Batman, Superman, Ben 10 -- you name it, he loves it. He has outgrown so many of the 40+ superguy shirts he owns, so I used those (plus some old t-shirts of Daddy's) to make his blanket. All the squares on the front are made from Daddy's old t-shirts, and then the superguy logos and faces are all from my little's one's shirts.

The back is a warm fleece with Transformers on it, that little one picked out at the fabric store. I used the leftover fleece, and a leftover Superman logo, to make a matching pillowcase.

Thankfully, he was so happy to get it on his birthday. I wish I had pictures, but I was helping them unwrap and then writing down what they got! ugh. But, he does love it and slept with it that night, which made me feel like a million bucks. ;)

So without further ado, here is the very simple, superguy blanket (and us at our son and daughter's birthday party!):



Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails