Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Miscellaneous projects - dress, nightgown, tableclothe

Just a few miscellaneous projects I had, that I wanted to throw here on the good ol' blog. The first was actually the first time I ever used a pattern. It turned out okay, but I'm not in love with it. I love the fabric, but the dress itself is just okay.


These are the pajamas from h*ll. Ugh - the second time I used a pattern. It was awful. In another language (thanks clearance bin - booo!), had weird numbers for the sizes. Instead of actually researching, I just laid one of her dresses on there, and picked the number with the next size up. I got to sewing and...realized I made the nightgown UPSIDE DOWN. Well, at least when she wears it and looks down, it will be rightside up ;)  And then I went too far (as I often do) and wanted to just keep adding. Geez, good thing I don't have a bedazzler! I added a flower. And it's about 3 sizes too big. I just hate this piece. She probably will never wear it, because I just don't like it. I dislike patterns. Winging it always usually works much better for me.


I used the rest of the fabric to make her a very simple tablecloth and napkins for her little table in her room, because she loves tea parties. Now if only I could find something to turn the hideous nightgown into. Maybe a purse.


Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails