Friday, February 18, 2011

Pink jersey and tulle layer skirt

My munchkin needed a cute skirt for her Valentine's party at daycare, so I whipped something up with the material, a little elastic and my trusty sewing machine. I cut out a skirt shape from the material, then strips of material (both were non-fray) and then just sewed them on layer by layer. The edges are jagged on purpose, because that's the look I wanted it to have - just messy and rock-star-ish. I didn't take any pictures of her in it, but I will next time!





Have a great weekend!
Allie

Tea Rose Home
Sugar and Spice
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Women Who Do It All
Sew Much Ado
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
My Backyard Eden
Creations by Kara






4 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love the jagged kind of unfinished look it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally designerish like some of the things you see on the runway. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sweet!!! love it!

    I'd love to have you share this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party, going on now at SunScholars. Come join in on the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails