Sunday, February 13, 2011

Think Spring - with a purse ;)

I, for one, cannot wait until spring! This snow is...not fun. Especially since now the temps have warmed up and my yard is, essentially, mud.

I was super excited this weekend when my wonderful mother-in-law offered to take the kids overnight so we could go out to dinner. Before dinner (at my favorite restaurant), my hubs took me to a fabric store about a half hour away that is closing (as of today).

$162 of fabric for $32. That's right - $32. ;) I was downright giddy, lol! That included two aprons (printed on a big sheet of fabric, with instructions on cutting and sewing, that were originally $14.99 and I got for $3 each. Now me and my munchkin will have matching aprons (I'll post about these later this week).

Anyway, here is the huge stash o' fabric I got:




And Saturday came, and I began sewing. Lots of projects that I'll share with you throughout the week.

As always, no patterns for me. I like to sketch things out, or just have them in my mind, and cut. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It never looks perfect, but I like that.

So without further ado, here is my spring purse. I loved this fabric the moment I saw it. I knew it had to be a purse. I sketched it out on paper, and got to cutting. Purse sides, bottom, ruffle, flower, and inside (the inside is just canvas.) And a pocket on the inside. The strap itself is an old strap from a duffle type bag from Aeropostale, but it matched so I figured it would work. The great thing is I used loops, so I can change out handles if I want, by hooking on a belt or something else. I love it (I know I'm biased) but I can't wait to use it ;)

  

Linked to:
The Creative Itch Boutique
Tip Junkie
Today's Creative Blog
Sew Much Ado
Creations By Kara
Tea Rose Home
733
Blue Cricket Design
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
My Backyard Eden





Happy "it will be spring before we know it" day!

Allie




1 comment:

  1. Very lovely! Love the ruffles & flower :).


    I would love it if you liked up to my party :), Craft Couture Monday.
    http://dominiquescraftcouture.blogspot.com/2011/02/craft-couture-monday-linky-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails