Sunday, April 3, 2011

Photo Collage Wall

I've always wanted a photo wall, but I've been far too scared to try it! Since we were going to paint our walls anyway (the ones that lead upstairs) I thought I might as well try it, because we can putty and paint over the mistakes (wrongfully placed nail holes) before we paint. And then I could experiment with the layout.

Normally, this would be where I tell you all about how I laid out plans for the photo wall. How I took inventory of all my frames, drew out the design on paper, rearranged, erased, rewrote, etc. And then how I painstakingly nailed each nail and arranged each frame.

Except I didn't do any of that ;)

Just like my sewing, I don't do patterns or line things up beforehand. I wing it. I know - it absolutely drives people insane that I do this, but I'm sorry, it's just how I operate!!

So that's what I did. Gathered up all my framed photos, put them against the wall, and one by one picked one up and arranged it on the wall, drove in the nail, and hung it.

I don't know how it worked out so well, but it did. It almost scares me because I had no planning at all.

There were a few errant nail holes, but not many. Now we will paint next weekend and I'll be a very happy camper!

Before: (Please note that close up are several lines of crayon, courtesy of the kiddos, lol)




After:



Linking to:
Night Owl Crafting
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Someday Crafts
Blue Cricket Design
My Girlish Whims






1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I want to do a photo wall above our couch, but I'm torn between a random array or more organized. Therefore, nothing is hung yet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails