Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rag Quilts - Preserving Memories

I always feel so honored when someone asks me to make their children's clothing into a rag quilt or a blanket.

I've made some for myself and my kids (superguys here, shirts here, my mom's clothes here, and baby clothes here), but there is just this feeling of joy being asked to help someone preserve keepsakes. It's often followed by anxiety, as I worry about how/where to cut, because let's face it - these are little clothes. There isn't much room for error - and it is such a big responsibility, because these clothes are not something you can just get back - they are keepsakes someone has been saving, that they want to make into a blanket for their little one as a memory of their younger years.

Which is why I always feel honored!

So thank you little Kyle and mama Tina for letting me transform those baby clothes into a little blanket that Kyle can use as he grows, and pass on through his family.

The mess, as I was cutting


Aren't little clothes cute?!



I made him a little snuggly blankie from the scraps.

Made mama a rosette necklace from the scraps


And grandma received a rosette pin from the scraps ;)


Happy snuggling, Kyle!


Someday Crafts
733
Twin Dragonfly Designs
Sew Much ADo
Blue Cricket Designs
My Backyard Eden
Paisley Passions


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails