Friday, May 6, 2011

Almost mother's day...

And I'm trying to be in a good mood, I swear I am! And it's not that I'm not happy for everyone else who has their awesome mom's with them to celebrate the day, because everyone deserves to have their mother with them.

But I'm sorry, I know it's selfish - but my heart cannot take a million more of these mother's day posts or commercials or all the other stuff that comes with this time of year. I want to be happy (I am a mom now, afterall) and I do my best, but I do cry quite a few times during this week. All of the facebook posts about moms, and all this stuff, is just a reminder that mine isn't here.

I just got done putting together my (awesome) mother-in-laws gift. We got her a nook color. She deserves it, because she is really good to us. And I made little mother's day gifts for the moms in my life. But then I get hit out of nowhere with this wave of sadness because she's not here with me anymore. I think what's hardest is that the kids will never know or understand how great she was to me. I'll tell them stories, but you can hear all the stories in the world about someone and still not realize how awesome they are until you meet them. Only my kids never will.

Sigh. I just needed to vent. Sorry for the downer on a Friday night.

Me

1 comment:

  1. Its okay, I think we understand. Maybe it would help just a little if you can take your mom some flowers, or if that is not possible, you can do what my grandma did, and still occasionally does. Go buy a pretty flowering bush and plant it in your yard in memory of your mom so that everytime you look at it you can smile and remember the happy times with her. I'll be thinking of you and hope that you can find some happiness tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails