Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Transforming a Shirt (we thought was ruined)

I don't know if your kid is like mine, but my daughter is a walking dirt magnet, lol! She goes to daycare with all boys, and she can play in the mud and muck with the best of them. Unlike her older brother, she has no problem at all getting dirty, and so most of her shirts end up with spills or stains that I don't get out (if you have suggestions on stain removal, I'm all for hearing them - I've tried everything I can find, and am open to new suggestions!!)

So this shirt is a Ralph Lauren, and I loved it! Pink and a very lightweight thermal material. The sleeves were stained with something blue. Probably a juice box or something, who knows.

Here's the shirt before...


Here's the stains - hard to see in the pic, but there are blue stains...


And here it is after - perfect for a 70 degree spring/summer day! I cut off the sleeves, cuffed the ends, and sewed them up with a stretchy loose stitch. She loves the pocket, I love not having to buy a shirt and being able to reuse one we have!


Have a great day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails