Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Revitalized Dollhouse: $1.00...My daughter laughing for hours: Priceless!

Our friend (and caretaker of my children during work hours!) gave us a dollhouse. It's a Fisher Price little people dollhouse from nearly 20 years ago - one that was her daughter's (as a side note, her daughter is like a sister to me!)

Some of the stickers had fallen off, but it was still in great shape. After a good scrubbing, as it had been in storage, most of the rest of the stickers came off. I thought, hmmmmm, can't afford to remodel my own house, but I think this Fisher Price family can have a little redo ;)

$1.00 in scrapbook papers, some modpodge, scissors, and paint, and the house is as good as new! My little one loved helping pick out what paper went where. Next up, I'm going to make some felt curtains and hot glue them on.

Thanks Cathy! You rock ;)

Here is the before:
 

 


And the after (P.S. I am not done painting - I put a base coat on the kitchen appliances and the windows, but she was too excited and wanted to play with it, so second coat will happen another day).














Happy Thursday all!

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect, I love getting stuff like this. MOST of my kids toys are hand me downs, yard sale finds, or used from ebay.

    Nothing better than reusing, and making another kids happy. I bet this doll house can goon for another 100 years, with the proper care :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    Hugs, Bella :)
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails