Saturday, May 5, 2012

Finally Graduating!

Today I was proud to walk the procession to receive my M.B.A.  It's taken 10 years (one class at a time) but it's finally done. I admire all those moms and dads who get it done in 2 or 3 or even 5 years - heck, at all! It takes a lot of dedication and I cannot imagine getting it done in a shorter time. But it was amazing, and the only point I cried was at the beginning, when we were all lining up in the building to go in. As we rounded the corner, all the professors were surrounding the staircase we needed to walk down, applauding and whistling. Wow. I don't know why I got emotional - I know I didn't at undergrad - but it was just such a wow moment for me. So to all those ladies (and guys) out there, you can do whatever you set your mind to. As our noted speaker said today, "It took some of us 15 years to become an overnight success." I love that quote - keep on keepin' on and you can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails